What is the role of the throat chakra?
The throat chakra is located in the throat, vocal cords and bronchi . It allows you to identify feelings and emotions and to let go. This 5th chakra has a fundamental role: it gives the person the opportunity to express themselves on what they think and what they feel inside themselves. It allows you to maintain good communication with others , but also to better receive the words of others. A balanced throat chakra allows you to have a lot of diplomacy and pure relationships with others.
Signs of a Disharmonic Throat Chakra
When a Vishuddha chakra is out of balance, several signs can manifest. The person tends to lie and spread unfounded rumors . Communication is sometimes too aggressive, or on the contrary, the individual communicates little and lacks self-confidence. He can sometimes withdraw into himself, no longer have the desire to communicate and represses what he has not been able to express. He sometimes has difficulty expressing himself, asserting his ideas.
An unbalanced throat chakra can also lead to authoritarianism and even arrogance towards others.
Loss of voice, neck pain, tinnitus, breathing disorders, or even language-related disorders can be linked to a disharmonized Vishuddha chakra.
If your throat chakra is overactive…
If your Vishuddha chakra is too open, you express yourself excessively . You easily interrupt the interlocutor, you are not a good listener, and like to draw attention to yourself. This type of behavior indicates a lack of self-confidence , which is often observed when the energies of the 5th chakra are too intense.
If your throat chakra is blocked…
When a throat chakra is blocked, or closed , the person experiences excessive shyness . Because of this blockage, she has difficulty expressing herself, represses her emotions, and seeks to avoid conflicts at all costs.
How to rebalance your throat chakra?
Essential oil massages
In order to balance the throat chakra , certain essential oils accompany you. This is particularly the case with eucalyptus , which clears the throat and relieves inflammation of the sinuses and nasal passages. Jasmine can also be a great ally, as it is known for its gentle effects on the voice.
The well-known lavender essential oil also allows you to rebalance your throat chakra . Its calming properties soothe you and help you find inner peace .
To harmonize the 7 chakras , namely, the root chakra , the sacral chakra , the solar plexus chakra , the heart chakra , the throat chakra , the third eye chakra and the crown chakra , yoga is essential. Certain postures will help you rebalance the Vishuddha chakra :
- The Camel (Ustrasana): This is a bow and stretch pose that causes a complete escape of the mind. Complex to carry out, it requires that you follow a video course for example, in order to carry out the right movements and avoid tension and discomfort;
- The fish (Matsyasana): lie on your back and bring your forearms to the sides. Then lift your upper body, placing the weight of your upper body in your arms. Let the top of your head move toward the floor, opening the front of your neck. Hold this position for several breaths;
- The Cobra (Bhujangasana): the movements that you perform with this posture act on the throat chakra , and also allow it to be synchronized with the heart chakra;
- The bow (Dhanurasana): it opens the Vishuddha chakra, and optimizes the rise of abdominal energy towards the throat.
To rebalance your throat chakra, you can repeat affirmations out loud, in your head, or even in writing. This way you ward off negative energy and create positive thought patterns. “I speak my truth with confidence”, “I am free to express myself”, “I am honest”, “I speak with authenticity”, “I let my voice be heard”, “I do not hurt with my words”, “I listen to the truth”.
You can also repeat these phrases in your head when you practice your meditation session, to rebalance your vital energy .
Lithotherapy can help you rebalance your throat chakra . Several stones accompany you:
- Turquoise : this stone helps people express their thoughts and emotions;
- A mazonite : this stone calms the nervous system . It is also known for the emotional balance it provides, and protects the mind against negativity;
- Aquamarine : it is the throat chakra stone par excellence. It helps with the verbalization and expression of buried emotions. You can meditate with this stone by holding a crystal in your hand, or by wearing Aquamarine on an energetic jewelry . It helps you relieve your mind of past emotions and fears that are weighing you down.
Amethyst, Blue Tourmaline and Jasper can also help you rebalance your 5th chakra . You can wear these different stones on throat chakra jewelry , which will help you with your self-affirmation . The crystals can also be placed in the house, in the living rooms.
Ready to rebalance and unblock your throat chakra ?